cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Murphy <murphybry...@yahoo.com>
Subject Having issues with a taglib
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:23:54 GMT
I wrote a taglib that I want to use in an XSP page.  It works fine when
using it directly in a JSP page and tomcat 3.2, but I have all sorts of
problems when I try to bring Cocoon 1.8 into the picture.

Basically, it comes down to this.  When I add the taglib definition to
the cocoon.properties file, ALL my cocoon XML files are converted into
0 byte java files which obviously don't compile or work on the server.
This includes files that don't use the taglib.  If I insert the taglib
definition into my WEB-INF/web.xml file, but not the cocoon.properties
file, the taglib works 100% of the time in the .jsp pages, but is
ignored by Cocoon.

This is my WEB-INF/web.xml entry:
<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://links.terralab.com/2001/control</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/classes/com/terralab/mozilla/links/tags/tags.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

This is the entry I put in cocoon.properties:
processor.xsp.logicsheet.control.java=file:///home/links/public_html/WEB-INF/classes/com/terralab/mozilla/links/tags/tags.tld

(right after
processor.xsp.logicsheet.fp.java=resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/fp/fp.xsl)

I get no error messages, just 0 byte .java files in my repository
directory.

Can somebody help?

Bryan