cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject [C1.8.2] ESQL and null fields
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:05:07 GMT
Hi there,

I have seen quite a few posts about the subject of
presenting null results ... but none descrubes the
peculiar situation I have got:

If I remove the XSLT stage, then the resulting XML
data contains null nodes (eg. <SOMETHING/>) for each
null field from the data resultset.  I guess that's
OK.
If I enable the XSLT stage (do some styling to produce
HTML code), then the situation is quite different. The
emtpy fields now contain string "null" !!!

I would need some help with this as I was trying the
whole day to find out what and where is controling
this behaviour.
Why is the XSP stage giving different resulting XML
code depending on having XSLT stage or skipping it
over?  (once <SOMETHING>null</SOMETHING> and the other
time <SOMETHING/>)

Thanks in advance
Drasko