cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Schema-validated XSP? (was: Re: C1 <xsp:element> useless?)
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:49:09 GMT
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:32:39AM +1100, peter@clickdocs.com.au wrote:
> G'day
>
> I'm using <xsp:element> for building URLs, which can be tricky with multiple
> parameters.

Ahh.. the number of times I've inadvertently mixed up <xsp:element> and
<xsl:element> like this... ;)

Raises the question: why not take advantage of the XSP's XML syntax and do
schema validation at each point in an XSP's transition to Java code? Eg, after
each taglib is applied, validation could be done against that taglib's schema.

This could be a *huge* advantage over non-XML languages like JSP. A schema
could prevent (at compile-time) all sorts of problems, enforcing the syntax
*and* semantics of used taglibs.

--Jeff

[snip]