cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Fuerth <fue...@sqlpower.ca>
Subject Re: more text/plain output
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:53:49 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 02:08:03PM -0800, Cindy Ballreich wrote:
> (which isn't really all *that* big) gives the following error...
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes

I think the FAQ mentions something about this.. it's some sort of
inherent limitation of the classloader or some such thing.  I've never
run into this problem myself, so I don't know much about it. :)

>     <xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
>       <page>
>         <xsp:logic>
>           response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;
> filename=kluge.txt");
>         </xsp:logic>
          [insert what's currently in the .xml at this point]
>       </page>
>     </xsp:page>

Try wrapping this chunk of code around your .xml file.  Stick what's
currently in the body of your file into where I indicated.  Of course,
you'll have to keep all the bookkeeping tags (references to
stylesheets, the cocoon-process stuff, and the xml declaration) at the
very top, above xsp:page.

Of course, doing this will break content/logic/presentation
separation.  You'll be sending what I'd consider to be presentation
information straight from the body of your xml file (which was
supposed to be used only for content). But I think you'll no longer
run into that "method too large" exception.

Perhaps one of the Cocoon developers could give us a nudge in the
right direction.. now that you've got it working, what's the best way
to structure this logic?