cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: C2 and SVG Generation
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:57:30 GMT
On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:15:20 -0500
Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have a good resource for how to generate
> SVG files?  I need some input on how to programmatically
> determine the width of a text object, how to perform
> wrapping, etc.
>
> The reason being that I want to generate graphical buttons
> with different text.  The text size has to be relatively the
> same between buttons, but the size of the button will change
> depending on how much text is there.

I wanted to do the same but didn't find a solution.

I decided to do the opposite - fix the size of the image and scale the
text.

As far as I know, SVG itself doesn't provide functions for calculating the
size of a text. Thus it has to be done before creating the SVG. (I hope
I'm wrong! ;-)

Conny

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com