cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: running cocoon on command line
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 21:20:52 GMT
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:01:23 -0500, "Eric Deandrea" <ericd@hnt.com> wrote:

> How would I run cocoon via the command line? I have an XML document for
> which I want to transform into a few different XML documents using a
> different stylesheet for each document. How can I do this one by one on the
> command line?

With Cocoon 1.8.x, do:

java org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

You'll get a list of arguments that need to be specified:

Usage:
  java org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon [-p properties] [-A user-agent] Input Output

  -p : indicates the property file
  -A : indicates the user agent

Note: if the property file is not specified, Cocoon looks for a file named
"cocoon.properties" in the current working directory, in the user directory
and in the "/usr/local/etc/" directory before giving up.

If you're using Emacs, you can also make use of my XSLT-process mode
which allows you to run Cocoon on a file you're editing and see the
result right inside Emacs. Check it out at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/emacs/xslt-process/

A screenshot of it in action is at

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/emacs/xslt-process/xslt-process.gif

Hope this helps,