cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Mauri" <mma...@profesi.com.ar>
Subject Re: request error
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:40:05 GMT
You forgot to add the Request namespace at the beginning, try something like
this:

<xsp:page
  xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request">

HTH...

Martin

> Hello,
>
> I'm running Cocoon with Tomcat standalone on Linux Suse 6.4
>
> I'm trying to use request on a xsp page but I've this error when I launch
it:

> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _login.java
> 42: Undefined variable or class name: request
>   login = request.getParameter("login");
>           ^
> 44: Undefined variable or class name: request
>   password = request.getParameter("password");
>              ^
> 2 errors at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
vaProcessor.java:146)
> at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:522)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:384)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:183)
> at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> at
7)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> at
onnectionHandler.java:210)