cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: [C2] New installation problem with Tomcat 4.0b1and JDK 1.3
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:50:31 GMT
> If you use the latest nightly of Catalina you do not need to rename or
> remove any jars, but you need to add the following to the web.xml for
> cocoon.
>
>     <init-param>
>        <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
>       <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>       <param-value>%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>

> try this for B1 or go to the nightly.

Thank you for your answer.
This didn't help, but it gave me the idea how to solve this problem: I
simply compied servlet.jar from Catalina into the Cocoons WEB-INF/lib
directory and it worked.

Is that a correct Cocoon param (extra-classpath)? Why didn't it work? Any
suggestions?

So, I can conclude, that to install Cocoon2 with Tomcat 4.0b-1 we will need
to:

1. Remove crimson.jar and maybe jaxp.jar from %CATALINA_HOME%\lib

2. Enable Cocoon to find the servlet.jar either by coping it from Catalina
into Cocoon's WEB-INF\lib or adding additional init-param to Cocoon's
web.xml (it didn't work in my case):
     <init-param>
        <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
       <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
       <param-value>%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
     </init-param>

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.