cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter C. Verhage" <pete...@zeelandnet.nl>
Subject Re: Fwd: xsp:implements
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:42:25 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Sergeant" <matt@sergeant.org>
To: "Robin Green" <greenrd@hotmail.com>
Cc: <xsp-dev@xml.apache.org>; <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: xsp:implements

: On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Robin Green wrote:
:
: > I see no problem with this. It would go inside <xsp:structure>. Any
: > objections?
:
: Yes, I do object, because it's not an issue when using any language other
: than Java for XSP, so it doesn't really deserve to be in the core XSP
: spec. Most languages don't do implements anyway - it's a Java hack
: because you can't do MI or mixins.
:
: Sorry, just trying to keep the XSP spec crutch free.

Hmm, I don't see exactly which other language literally use an import for
other classes. Ofcourse other languages have similar mechanisms, but most of
them don't call it an import...

Probably your response is enough to not get it implemented. But if you guys
change your mind, here is a quick solution that needs to be added to
xsp-java.xml. It begins with the part the class get's declared (which
already is there):

public class <xsl:value-of select="@name"/> extends XSPPage
  <xsl:if test="count(xsp:structure/xsp:implement) > 0">
    implements
    <xsl:for-each select="xsp:structure/xsp:implement">
      <xsl:value-of select="."/><xsl:if test="position() &lt; last()">,
</xsl:if>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:if>

BTW, don't allow the XSP specs (if those even exist somewhere readable on
the web) allow language specific stuff? I mean, it's not like the same XSLT
is used for another language (look at the name of the file xsp-java.xml), so
you could have minor differences per language. And I don't see any problem
with that, as long as you keep things like <xsp:page>, <xsp:logic> etc. etc.
general...

With best regards,

Peter