cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: C2 on Solaris 8 install trouble
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:05:52 GMT
Hi!

> Ok, I give up.
>
> I've looked through all the email archives, and tried everything mentioned
> there. Still no luck. Please help.
>
> The trouble is I get the dreaded "The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
> available." message when I try to access C2.
>
> Here's my setup:
> Solaris 8 (Intel)
> JDK 1.3.0
> Cocoon 2.0a4
> Tomcat 3.2.1
>
> I've followed the advice in the email archives so that the jars in
> $TOMCAT_HOME/lib are:
> ant.jar, jasper.jar, servlet.jar, webserver.jar, xerces_1_3_0.jar
>
> I build cocoon.war using:
> $COCOON_HOME/build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>
> I then copy $COCOON_HOME/build/cocoon/cocoon.war to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps.
>
> I start tomcat with $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh and then try to hit
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon
>
> And that's when I get the message.
>
> Thanks,
> Fred
>
> P.S. I've included cocoon.log below:
>
> DEBUG   200     [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Trying to load class:
> com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler

I had the same problem on WinNT 4.0.
I don't need that classes, so I simply commented that init-params in the
WEB-INF/web.xml and it worked.

    <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

        <!-- For PostgeSQL Database:
        org.postgresql.Driver -->

        <!-- For Oracle Database:
        oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver -->
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

If you don't need that classes you can simply remove that init param at all.

> WARN    227     [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Could not force-load class:
> com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.