cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Damm" <Mark.D...@Lifefitness.com>
Subject Re: I'm trying to install 1.8.1 using Ant
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:29:11 GMT
Donald,
Thanks for helping.
1. Done
2. Wacked the XML jar files in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext and I'm in business,  Thanks again,
Mark

>>> balld@webslingerZ.com 02/12/01 03:05PM >>>
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Mark Damm wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to install 1.8.1 using Ant.  When I run build.bat, I
> get 13 errors like:
>
> compile:
>    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to C:\cocoon-1.8.1\build\classes
>    [javac] C:\cocoon-1.8.1\build\src\org\apache\cocoon\processor\xinclude\XIncludeProcessor.java:253:
Method getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>    [javac] String name = element.getLocalName(); I have another
> version of Ant installed as well as possible *.jar in my classpaths
> but I don't know what to do at this point.  Help!

1. why are you rebuilding 1.8.1 instead of 1.8.2?

2. you have a jar file with the DOM1 api classes before whatever jar file
contains the DOM2 api classes in your classpath. fix that and you will
have no more build problems. if you're using the build scripts, you can
probably just nuke your classpath before building.

- donald