cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: C2 sql examples.
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:59:32 GMT
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > > i've tried several times with fresh copies from the cvs but none of them
> > > seem to work either.
> > >
> > > i still get error setting connection auto-commit?
> > >
> > > i tried installing the same build under linux with postgresql instead of
> > > mysql. works with no probs. howcome i've got these troubles with mysql
> > > and windows?
> >
> > probably because mysql doesn't support transactions or non-autocommit
> > mode. let me poke around in the code a bit more - and i guess i'll have to
> > fire up mysqld again...
>
> If it helps, the pool automatically returns the Connection to autocommit
> mode.  This might be something where we need to make it a runtime parameter
> to get a specific type of connection like the JAXP factory:
>
> boolean isAutoCommitting()
> void setAutoCommitting(boolean)
>
> so that all connections are created the same.

hmm. i somehow doubt that the pool is causing his problem - the "error
setting connection autocommit" runtime exception is tossed by the esql
logicsheet - but i'll check it all the same.

btw, i really like what you're doing with the generic database editing
actions - i think that's the future for using cocoon to edit databases.

- donald