cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Vision (was: How to edit,delete data on xml file or databases?)
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:00:57 GMT
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> I just came back from XML DevCon 2001 in London and the folks there
> agreed that XSP is Cocoon's crown jewels and the disadvantages of Cocoon
> lie elsewhere:
>
> - does not support client-side processing of XSL stylesheets

but that's whacked - cocoon does support this. if you detect a user-agent
that happens to support xslt (are there any yet?), simply send the xml
page with the xml-stylesheet pi but don't invoke the xslt processor. or
are you suggesting that it should occur at a lower level automagically
somehow?

- donald