cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: ProducerFromRequestClass Equivalent in version 1.8?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:04:47 GMT
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 AKhan@burntsand.com wrote:

> I was trying to implement Eoin Lane's J2EE Example using JBoss, Tomcat,
> Cocoon which was published recently in Javaworld.

that example was, IMVHO, a terrible example of interacting with cocoon.

> The problem is that I have version 1.8.3 of Cocoon and the example is
> implemented using version 1.7 of Cocoon, as a result
> of which I was getting the "ProducerFromClass" class not found error. This
> class existed in version 1.7 of Cocoon
>
> Does anyone know what the equivalent class or a woraround for this is in
> version 1.8.3

there is none. the ProducerFromRequest class was removed or security
reasons. in general, accepting either XML data with processing
instructions or XSL stylesheets from remote untrusted sources is _VERY_
dangerous - tantamount to giving anonymous remote users a shell account on
your server.

- donald