cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: ESQL and missing values
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:50:18 GMT
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Peter Wuebbelt wrote:

> I've got a few problems using esql when I retrieve null-values from my
> Oracle database. I would like to use "get-int" but in case of null
> values in the database the value "0" is returned. Any chance to avoid
> or modify this behaviour ?

what would you prefer to happen in this case? i've been considering adding
an esql:is-null element so you can query a column's nullness before you
try to access it, but esql:get-int really doesn't have any alternative
than to return 0 or some other magic number. i guess that number could be
configurable...?

- donald