cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject RE: LDAP taglib & DSML
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 06:26:29 GMT
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Bentley, Tim wrote:

> Arg - sorry!  Meant to send this to the users list - please disregard!

Ugo Cei had a go at DSML output, much the same as you've done:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=97064461917794&q=raw

In the long run, the taglib ought to move to the ESQL "accessor" model where
<ldap:get-xxx/> tags let you embed LDAP data in any output XML. That way,
outputting DSML could be done as follows:

<ldap:execute-query>
  <ldap:results>
    <dsml:dsml>
    <dsml:directory-entries>
      <dsml:entry>
        <xsp:attribute name="dn"><ldap:get-dn/></xsp:attribute>
        <dsml:attr name="cn">
          <dsml:value> <ldap:get-attr name="cn"/> </dsml:value>
        </dsml:attr>
      </dsml:entry>
    </dsml:directory-entries>
    </dsml:dsml>
  </ldap:results>
</ldap:results>

Rather tedious, so a <ldap:results type="dsml"/> could provide a shortcut for
users.

It dawned on me that I'll never have time to do all this, so I've set up a CVS
repository containing the LDAP taglib, documentation, examples and mini build
system. To get it:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@kenny.socialchange.net.au:/usr/local/src/oss login
<press enter>
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@kenny.socialchange.net.au:/usr/local/src/oss checkout ldaptaglib

If anyone wants to add a taglib variant to the contrib section, or help improve
the original, mail me and I'll set up commit access.

--Jeff