cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul A. Hoadley" <pa...@logicsquad.net>
Subject Precompiling stylesheets with Xalan-J 1.2.2
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 07:56:50 GMT
I am trying to precompile Norm Walsh's DocBook stylesheets (1.29) to
generate HTML with Xalan-J 1.2.2.  I have followed Xalan's usage
instructions, but I get an error at the very end of the process:

---
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in file.xml -xsl \
~/xml/docbook/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl -lxcout foo.style

[snip]

Error! org.apache.xalan.xslt.ExtensionNSHandler
Xalan: was not successful.
XSLProcessor: done
---

foo.style is generated, but Xalan will not accept this as input with the
-lxcin option.  Why am I getting an error from ExtensionNSHandler?

One further question: when I get this sorted out and have my precompiled
stylesheets, how do I direct Cocoon to tell Xalan to use the precompiled
stylesheets from within the XML file?

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net