cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tapan Nanawati" <tapan_nanaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for servletexec 3.0
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:47:35 GMT
Refer to "servlet engine" log and "apache log" for more details you may find
better / detailed clues there!

Tapan Nanawati
Globe Communication
NIL/26, Malviya Nagar
New Delhi - INDIA

email -
tapan_nanawati@yahoo.com (official)
tapan.nanawati@lycos.com (friends)

phone -
91-11-6685274 (o)
91-98112-98982 (mobile)
------------------------------

God is real, unless declared integer.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Miguel Rubio [mailto:miguel.rubio@arrakis.es]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 8:29 PM
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Subject: Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for
servletexec 3.0

  Hello everybody. This is my first e-mail to the list and today is my first
"meeting" with cocoon.

  I am triying to install cocoon 1.8.2 over servlet exec 3.0 on a Windows NT
operating system.
  I followed the instructions to install with servlet exec 2.0. The
classpath includes all the necessary .jar files.
  When I finished the installation, I create a new web application using de
admin web.

  When I tried to open a .xml page with the browser, the server returns the
  following error message:
  Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
from fulfilling the request.

javax.servlet.ServletException: RequestDispatcher.forward() failed to get
servlet: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	at
newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.ja
va, Compiled Code)
	at
newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java
, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java,
Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecS
ervice.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java,
Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java,
Compiled Code)

The apache server seems to forward  the .xml files to cocoon, but the
servlet don't work.
I don't know what is the meaning of the init argument (called properties) of
the servlet org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon:┬┐is the name of the real path for the
file cocoon.properties, or is his virtual path?. Perhaps this is the
problem...
  Would somebody help me?.

  Thanks.