cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Yet another 1.8.2 problem
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:00:01 GMT
Ulrich Mayring <ulim@denic.de> wrote:
>since upgrading to 1.8.2 I get this:
>
>java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already called getWriter
>         at
>org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.getOutputStream(JServConnection.java:1326)
>         at
>org.apache.cocoon.response.HttpServletResponseFacade.getOutputStream(HttpServletResponseFacade.java:85)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:483)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:183)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
>         at
>org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
>         at
>org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
>
>Probably because of the following code in my SOAP taglib:
>
>response.setContentType("application/pdf");
>PrintWriter _soap_out = new PrintWriter(response.getWriter());
>_soap_out.print(_soap_value);

If Stefano were here, he'd say "You can't do this, it violates the Cocoon
separation of concerns!" But I'm willing to be more flexible.

Question 1. What should happen when Cocoon tries to output something in
addition to what you've outputted? Should it not output anything? If
something, what?

Question 2. Is it a bad idea to allow this now, given that it probably won't
be possible to grab the writer/outputstream in C2?