cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Angel <an...@newmediabox.co.uk>
Subject Database access - MySQL, Oracle?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:19:46 GMT
Hi, a bit of a general question here

We are considering using Cocoon as the basis of a large site of 200 branches
of a leisure company but were concerned with the information on the Cocoon
site that XSP was designed to work with flat file and not a database server
(such as MySQL or Oracle for that matter).

What we want to do is very basic:

Pull content out of MySQL into XML documents using XSP and then transform
them into HTML with XSL. Is this a standard approach when using Cocoon?
Should we stick to the servlet/JSP model (but if so what about
post-processing the XML content which isn't supported?)

Any architecture advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Angel