cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re[4]: Chaining XML->XSP->XML->XSP->etc.
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:28:11 GMT

Luca,

On Friday, February 23, 2001, 3:17:22 PM, you wrote:

Luca> Sandor,

Luca> ahem... this was not *exactly* the problem I face; to make
Luca> things clear, let's suppose you have more than one XSP page to
Luca> go through, like:

I see your point.

[example snipped]

Luca>         How you do this ?

You can't. It's said somewhere, either on this list or in the docs,
that you cannot call on the XSP processor more then once per request.

Luca> The idea, basically, is to have a more complex pipeline than
Luca> just the usual XML -->> XSP --> XSL --> HTML. I'd like to have a
Luca> pipeline with more XSP pages / taglibs in between.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the XSP mechanism :) I can see it's
merits alright, but there are also weaknesses - like the one that
shows up in your example.

Luca> Sure, you can always build a giant taglib custom-made for your
Luca> application; a taglib which does everything inside it... but
Luca> then, how to re-use all those specialized taglibs you can find
Luca> (or develop yourself) when the next application comes ?

Good point. Nice issue to chew on :)

Regards,
Sandor

--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences