cocoon-users mailing list archives

From CHANDRASEKAR MAHESH /SOFT/INFOTECH <CHANDRASEK...@ICICI.com>
Subject RE: Prowler CMS (was: Re[2]: Cocoon Vision (was: How to edit ...)
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:46:31 GMT
Sandor,

Bait swallowed...hook, line and sinker !!
Ideally, of course you take Cocoon, Prowler and Jetspeed; just plug in the
existing data, to get ~abracadabra~ a site everyone would flock to. I wish
to test if its really so. Will let you all know of the results, if any.

Regards,

Mahesh Chandrasekar
ICICI Infotech Services Ltd.
E-mail : chandrasekarm@icici.com
Phone : 022-653-7817

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandor Spruit [ mailto:sandor@cs.uu.nl <mailto:sandor@cs.uu.nl> ]
Sent: Monday, 26 February 2001 15:45
To: Jeff Turner
Cc: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Prowler CMS (was: Re[2]: Cocoon Vision (was: How to edit ...)

Jeff,

On Thursday, February 22, 2001, 11:11:43 AM, you wrote:

Jeff> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 09:15:10AM +0100, Oliver Klinger wrote:

[large snip of interesting "vision" stuff]

Jeff> That's almost exactly what Prowler is meant to be, I think :)

Jeff> "Prowler is a 100% pure Java Content Management Framework that
Jeff> allows to access the content of heterogenous data sources via
Jeff> one uniform transactional XML interface to build complex web and
Jeff> non-web applications. It provides the programmer a hierarchical
Jeff> XML filesystem, that can contain the content of virtual any
Jeff> back-end system."

Jeff>  -- http://www.infozone-group.org/projects2.html#topic1
<http://www.infozone-group.org/projects2.html#topic1>

Jeff> IMO, Cocoon is about separation of Content from Logic from
Jeff> Presentation. What you're describing is a *content* management
Jeff> framework, which Cocoon ain't. But it's an impressive vision
Jeff> nonetheless:) Thanks for airing it.

Do you have any experience with Prowler ? Any comments ? What I'm very
interested in, is what the overall architecture looks like.

How do the Prowler, Cocoon and JetSpeed combine, to be more specific ?
(let's hope someone out there swallows the bait ;)

Cheers,
Sandor
--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences