cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: ProducerFromRequestClass Equivalent in version 1.8?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:50:04 GMT
Eoin Lane wrote:

> To address the previous comments. It should also be pointed out that xsp
> pages are a proprietary solution (unique to the Cocoon project), adding
> another tag language to another already growing list of tag languages. If
> Cocoon relies solely on this proprietary language as a solution for dynamic
> content then I believe it is fundamentally flawed.

Well, XSP is language-neutral and as such can be implemented in any
language (there's a Perl implementation, for example). I don't think XSP
is particularly proprietary, because it's just namespaced tags and they
could be processed by any other technology out there, if you should
choose to migrate away from cocoon. Now, the C2 Sitemap, that's a
different story.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring