cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Chaining XML->XSP->XML->XSP->etc.
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:13:26 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> it's a bad approach. use xsp logicsheets instead.
>
> > I definitely need a pure-XML with data, and several layers chaining the

Pure XML is as of lately defined as namespace-aware XML. Meaning that

<sometags/>

is not pure XML anymore. Instead use

<mynamespaceprefix:sometags/>

Therefore - from a purity point of view - the lib-page model is now
better than the clean-page model. Its only disadvantage is that XSP
pages by definition are always dynamic, i.e. they need to be compiled
and then run as servlets. Static XML file serving is of course faster,
but doesn't give you as much flexibility and features.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung