cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Arnod-Prin <sarnodp...@smile.ch>
Subject Re: Producer from String, Xalan or Cocoon ?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:46:00 GMT
> That's an insecure model, in general. Have a look at this FAQ entry:
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-servletchaining
> Does this do what you want?

not at all...
This is what I want to do :

I've got a servlet that has to compose an XML page (made of differents
components) and once I have this xml page/string I want to transform it into
HTML. I think now, I should not use Cocoon for this, is there a good reason
for me to use cocoon ?? I'm creating a kind of publishing framework and I
should directly use Xalan, no ? What does Cocoon provide exactly when your
entire site is dynamic ? What is optimized ?

thank you for helping...