cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2+T4m5: Here are the Install instructions !!!
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:35:15 GMT
Krzysztof Zielinski wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have an error.
> >org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
> available.
> In previous Tomcat version I have to copy all Cocoon libs to Tomcat lib.
>
> I thought that T4 doesn't need it.
>
> I have done as it was written in instruction:
> > 1. unpack jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5.tar.gz to for example c:\tomcat
> > 2. Build the cocoon war package as described in the install file
> > 3. copy cocoon.war to c:\tomcat\webapps
>
> > 4.copy ....
> >>This shouldn't be necessary. The latest versions of T4 and C2 should work
> without doing this.
>
> > 5. remove crimson.jar and jaxp.jar from c:\tomact\lib and c:\tomcat\server
> > and copy xerces_1_2_3.jat from the cocoon lib directory to these two
> > directories.
>
> > 6. add the ....
> >>This shouldn't be necessary either.  If you drop something in the
> tomcat/webapp/ directly it should get recognized >>automatically.
>
> > 7. cd to c:\tomcat, call bin\startup, start a web-browser and point to
> > http://127.0.0.1/cocoon. After a while you shoud get an error message.
> > (Thats okay for now, we need to do this, so tomcat can unpack cocoon to a
> > directory c:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon)
>
> > 8. change the classpath-attribute in .....
> > This has been removed in fawor of a servlet container independant approach
> > build the classpath direcly out of WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes. So,
> don't
> > worry about it anymore.
>
> > 9. Now point your browser again to http://127.0.0.1/cocoon and it should
> work
> > now!
>
> After a while you shoud get an error message.
>  ... The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.

Ok.  Check the log file in /WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log -- that should give you
a meaningful Exception for us to go with.

One thing that I didn't forsee with Jakarta is that the Servlet.jar might
be hidden from the system Classpath.  As a temporary fix, add the jar to the
System classpath.  I will reintroduce a classpath init parameter that will
allow you to add hard paths to the Cocoon ClassLoader.