cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: util:include-uri authentication (+cookies & form data)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:30:59 GMT
Jesse Reynolds wrote:

> Okay, how do I write my own logicsheet? Is it simply a matter of
> creating something like "myutils.xsl" and referencing it in
> cocoon.properties etc as a taglib? Or do I have to write a
> corresponding java file and copile it all somehow?

Better yet: put this in your xml file:

<?xml-logicsheet href="/path/to/myutils.xsl"?>

and declare the myutils namespace in the xmlns attribute of <xsp:page>

That way you don't have to modify cocoon.properties and restart cocoon
every time you change myutils.xsl

> If i wanted to try making modifications to the util logicsheet
> (taglib) would I be making changes to both
>
> src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl

Yes. Please contribute these changes.

> src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/XSPUtil.java

No, this is just a collection of "un-taglibbed" utility methods. You can
use them inside <xsp:logic> but they're not in any taglib.

> If so, I presume I'd have to remake cocoon yes? How do I do that?

build.sh on UNIX and build.bat on DOS generate a new cocoon.jar in
subdirectory build.

ULrich

--
Ulrich Mayring