cocoon-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Cocoon 1.8.1 Released
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:28:08 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> I-Chung Young <ichung_young@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >The usage pattern (use xsp generate xsl) is a very neat idea.
> >But since it is based on parameter, could you achieve the same
> >thing with <xsl:include> or <xsl:import>?
>
> I would recommend that - it would probably be faster.

What do you mean? I do not understand. My stylesheet is built
using XSP/jdbc and is not just a static file. I do not
choose a file depending on parameter.

> Correction: _constant_ query strings in ?xml-stylesheet? processing
> instructions are unaffected by the bug. You would only be affected if the
> stylesheet used variable parameters from the original request.

Parameter is build using HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE header.
I'm building the ?xml-stylesheet? PI inside populateDocument()
using this header. What's the difference between a populateDocument()
with :

[constant:]

	document.appendChild(
	    document.createProcessingInstruction(