cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sandeep Takhar <sandeep_tak...@yahoo.com>
Subject installation problems
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:43:22 GMT
I have been trying all day to get the hello-page
sample to run.  I am using windows nt and just want
the command line to run.  I downloaded the 1.18 jdk
from sun.

I have been searching the archives and have found
people with the same problem, but the only solution i
have found so far is to use 1.74 with xalan_1_1_D01.

The problem is the AbstractParser.fatalError file not
found exception.

What I have been doing is the following...

1. download cocoon
2. extract into sub-directory
3. modify build.bat to use classes.zip not tools.jar
4. copy the cocoon.jar file and the \lib jar files
into a jars directory.
5. Modify my classpath to point to these jar files.
6. run build.bat
7. copy the cocoon.jar file into the jars directory
8. copy the cocoon.properties file to the
samples\hello directory
9. try and run the following in the samples\hello
directory:

java org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon -p cocoon.properties
hello-page.xml hello-page.html

10.  I will get the error I mentioned above every
time.

Someone mentioned they think it is because the dos
path is not supported by the new xalan/xerces
combination.

I have tried now to use 1.7.4 or 1.7.3 and the build
cannot compile 3-5 classes because it can't find
javax.naming.ldap.*  This is definitely not in my
classes.zip file.

I just want something to work because I think that
this is a cool product, but I can't get it to work
locally, which is usually my first choice, since I
know nothing about websphere administration.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

TIA

Sandeep