cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Laszlo Boszormenyi <...@c64.rulez.org>
Subject Cocoon/Xerces crashes JVM (1.3*)
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:28:44 GMT
Hello,

I am a bit new in this area. Anyway, I have a working environment with Apache
1.3.14, Tomcat 3.2.1, Ant 1.2. My JDK is 1.3_01. Then I installed Cocoon 1.8.2,
and configured as I have seen on the homepage. Wow, I realized it needs
Xerces too; so I installed version 1.3.0. Then, if I start Tomcat, I can use
my projects without problems. But as soon as I want to reach _any_ sample
from Cocoon, I get (I connect to port 8080, so Apache is not used):

# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Unexpected Signal 11
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505005BC
# Problematic Thread: prio=1 tid=0x823fe00 nid=0x35d2 runnable

I have tried with Xerces 1.2.3, JDK 1.3, but the problem remains the same.
Any idea what can be so wrong? I know what signal 11 is, but I can not
separate the problem to any part of the server. All I know that the jsp and
servlet files are working right, only .xml files cause a crash (.xsl files
are not mapped, so I get their source if I click on them).
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Laszlo Boszormenyi
Ps:Forgot, that my machine is a PIII 666Mhz/320Mb RAM running Debian 2.2 rev2