cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: interaction with user
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:03:21 GMT
* Robin Green (greenrd@hotmail.com) wrote :
> It's quite new. I don't remember EVER seeing a website which does something
> quite like this (for a client-side applet, yes; server-side processing, no)
> - simply because HTTP/HTML is not at all suited to it, and Java applets are
> still problematic, unfortunately.

Ahem. I hardly dare say this, but a certain person (who shall remain
nameless) faked something similar using an animated gif. This may sound
frivolous, but if the report doesn't take too long to run, and is
reasonably stable in the amount of time it takes, it gives you that
'hey, I'm doing something, don't hit reload' effect without any of the
hastle. I'm not sure how easy it would be to do with cocoon though, I
must admit (since it relies on doing nasty things with javascript).

Paul.