cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XSL question
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:29:14 GMT

--- Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> * Henri Delebecque (delebecq@supelec.fr) wrote :
> > Is it possible to generate more than one file,
> starting from a single
> > xml file, using XSL ?
>
> Not until XSLT1.1, no.
>
> > Fort example, I will describe a formal Web page
> (in XML), which
> > can include several "regions". In the HTML
> implementation of
> > this page, the different regions are translated
> into frames, one
> > for each region.
>
> You may be able to do this in the future by using
> the fragment extractor code I committed a few days
> ago, although this is far from ideal. The basic
> problem is that the web is requst orientated,
> so we can't send a bundle of files to the browser
> in one hit.

MAYBE NOT SEND A BUNDLE OF FILES TO THE BROWSER IN ONE
HIT ... BUT CREATE A BUNDLE OF FILES IN MEMORY SO THAT
FOLLOWING REQUESTS COULD FETCH THEM.
MY FAVOURITE EXAMPLE IS THE GIF FILES CREATED ON FLY
(A USER REQUEST TRIGERS THE GENERATION OF THE
HTML(WML) PAGE WHICH IS REFERENCING A NEWLY CREATED
GRAPHICS FILE)

IS THAT ALREADY POSSIBLE?!