cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: XSL question
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:51:18 GMT
* Henri Delebecque (delebecq@supelec.fr) wrote :
> Is it possible to generate more than one file, starting from a single
> xml file, using XSL ?

Not until XSLT1.1, no.

> Fort example, I will describe a formal Web page (in XML), which
> can include several "regions". In the HTML implementation of
> this page, the different regions are translated into frames, one
> for each region.

You may be able to do this in the future by using the fragment extractor
code I committed a few days ago, although this is far from ideal. The
basic problem is that the web is requst orientated, so we can't send a
bundle of files to the browser in one hit. Take a look at what I've done
so far with the content extractor in C2, and see what it can do.
Ultimately, I'd like to be able to use XPaths to point to specific
segments of the document, however, until I can use XPaths directly in a
SAX environment, this would slow things down too much.

P.