cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Using Java after the generation phase
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:15:29 GMT
* Stefan L?ttringhaus-Kappel (stefan@informatik.uni-bonn.de) wrote :
> The idea is, for example, that the generator gives me some raw data, which
> I format with a stylesheet. The various stylesheets (for different output
> types) add some links to the document. The URLs must be passed through
> response.encodeURL() for the session to work without cookies. Other uses of
> Java in the transformation phase will certainly occur.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do, but it *sounds* like your
best bet might be to write a transformer. It's relatively simple,
particularly if you're not doing much in the way of tree manipulation,
as it seems here. Simply extend:

  org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractTransformer

and implement the relevent sax methods (in your case probably
startElement, endElement and character).

Hope that helps,

Paul.