cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [C1.8.2] xinclude after xsp not working
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:37:13 GMT
Yeah sure ... I am not trying to produce a solution by
XInclud(e)-ing and than XSP-ing ... it was just a
reply to Kirk's question if XInclude works being
called before XSP.

Also I have to admit that I am NOT getting error
related to 64kB boundary ... the XInclude simply
doesn't work for me ANYMORE (since 1.8.2)  Just to be
sure that I am not dreaming I am now trying step by
step to find what is going on.  Till now I have found:

NPE at the XIncludeProcessor.java:396 if I just
specify     <include xinclude:parse="xml"
xinclude:href="konto-demo.xml" />

I have noticed that in the XIncludeProcessor.java
around this place there is dubious code block:

	Document included_document = null;
	try {
		included_document = parser.parse(input,false);

stripDocumentTypeNodes(included_document.getDocumentElement());
	} catch (Exception e) { }

I suspect that the included_document variable remains
null for some reason and the errors/exceptions remain
unnoticed :-(

Has anybody got a simple XInclude code working (from
the local file with or without XPath part) ?!
How could I use the logger object to debug this code?

HELP
Drasko