cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brendan Corcoran" <bren...@jenisys.com.au>
Subject Re: esql including java.sql.ResultSet
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:47:03 GMT
What I've got is an implementation of XMLFragment that goes through the
ResultSet from the JavaBean, and in to toSAX() method generates SAX events
based on the rows and columns of the ResultSet.

I have defined a class called XMLResultOutHelper() that implements
XMLFragment and extends a few JavaBeans.

Before I include the toSAX() method in my xsp, I set the xml_root field of
XMLResultOutHelper() - this is the tag that is going to encapsulate the
whole of the included ResultSet.  I also set the xml_row field of
XMLResultOutHelper() - this is the tag that will encapsulate each row of the
ResultSet.

So when I include the toSAX() method in my xsp, the resulting xml is
something like:

<db_members_query> - xml_root field
    <member> - xml_row field
        <elem name="member_id">1</elem>
        <elem name="member_surname">Bloggs</elem>
    </member>
    <member>
        <elem name="member_id">2</elem>
        <elem name="member_surname">Braggs</elem>
    </member>
</db_members_query>

I was wondering if this was the cleanest, most efficient way to include
information from a JavaBean that returns a ResultSet from a database....

Or should I be looking at packaging the ResultSet into an xml String in the
JavaBean and including it from there?

thanks,

Brendan