cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nadine Carlton" <nadine_carl...@hp.com>
Subject Re: logicsheet install problem
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:14:40 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Piroumian, Konstantin <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: logicsheet install problem

>> Oops.  I already did that too.  The entry looks like:
>>
>> processor.xsp.logicsheet.mytag.java          =
>> resource://com/hp/mytag/mytag.xsl
>>
>> Nadine
>
>Did it work?

No, it wasn't working before my first post.  I just forgot to mention the
cocoon.properties entry in my first message, but file:/// works as
you mentioned below. Thanks!  I should have read the comment
in the cocoon.properties file that I should use a file URL
before copying and modifying an existing logicsheet line.

I used to get a NullPointerException with jserv if I mistyped something
in the wrapper.classpath or the jar.  I was getting an element
created with this and the page generated.  I think I preferred
the NullPointerException to no error at all, maybe, although
NullPointerExceptions are my least favorite errors.

I prefer a library/logicsheet not found error.  The XSPProcessor
init code has error handling to throw a resource not found exception.
Since I don't know how to use resource:// though, I can't explain
why it isn't returned in my case or NullPointerExceptions in yours.
Any XSP resource:// experts have an answer?

Nadine

>I tried it several times but with no success.
>I have a jar file in my classpath, have an entry in cocoon.properties and
>have xmlns in the XSP page, but it gives me NullPointerException at the
>compilation stage. That means that logicsheet not found.
>If I replace resource:// by file:/// pointing to the absolute location of
my
>xsl it work fine.
>
>Regards,
>    Kot.