cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: [C1.8.2] What changed with logicsheets?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:36:34 GMT
> >I met a strange problem after upgrading to new Cocoon.
> >I have a simple framework for Form generation and processing:
> >     1. XML contents: declares field names, types, some other properties
> >(required etc).
> >     2. XSL logic sheet: transforms into XSP and adds form processing
> >logic.
> >         I use:
> >         <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> >         <?xml-stylesheet href="/xsl/cc-xsp.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> >
> >     3. A formatting XSL stylesheet.
> >
> >I have fields which looks like this:
> >     <select name="sex" class="menu">
> >          <required />
> >     </select>
> >
> >I get HTML select fields with Cocoon 1.8 as a result of two
> >transformations.
> >But now after the first transformation I get no select fields at all (in
> >generated Java class there is no code for select fields).
> >Why does this happens?
>
> I don't know - without seeing your logicsheet.

My logicsheet is rather big and complicated, anyway, I can send it to you.
In short, I use:
<xsl:template match="select">
 <select>
  <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
  ... // some logic here
</select>
</xsl:template>

> >Also, another problem (I think that they are somehow related): in Cocoon
> >1.8.1 does not work create-session="true" xsp:page attribute.
>
> Works fine for me. Which operating system and JDK? Are using the same
xerces
> and xalan that came with Cocoon?

I use Sun JDK 1.3, Windows NT 4.0 Sp6
Xerces and Xalan are from Cocoon distribution.

> >I also use FP taglib with my logicsheet. It could cause incorrect
> >transformation of end-of-line and whitespace characters.
>
> Please give a detailed example.

I've deinstalled Cocoon 1.8.2, because I needed working version of my
application, so now I am not able to provide examples. In a few days I'll
install it again and will try to find out what and why happens.

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.