cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Rubio" <miguel.ru...@arrakis.es>
Subject Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for servletexec 3.0
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:59:00 GMT

Hello everybody. This is my first e-mail to the list and today is my first "meeting" with
cocoon.

I am triying to install cocoon 1.8.2 over servlet exec 3.0 on a Windows NT operating system.
I followed the instructions to install with servlet exec 2.0. The classpath includes all the
necessary .jar files.
When I finished the installation, I create a new web application using de admin web.

When I tried to open a .xml page with the browser, the server returns the
following error message:
Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the
request.

javax.servlet.ServletException: RequestDispatcher.forward() failed to get servlet: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	at newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java, Compiled
Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java, Compiled
Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java, Compiled
Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java,
Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java, Compiled Code)

The apache server seems to forward  the .xml files to cocoon, but the servlet don't work.
I don't know what is the meaning of the init argument (called properties) of the servlet org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon:┬┐is
the name of the real path for the file cocoon.properties, or is his virtual path?. Perhaps
this is the problem...
Would somebody help me?.

Thanks.