cocoon-users mailing list archives

From kmyk...@online.no (Kjell M. Myksvoll)
Subject esql:get-string - preserving tags from beeing escaped?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:13:11 GMT
Hello,

I have a database where some fields contains text with embedded
(well-formed XML) tags. When retriving these fields using the
esql:get-string operator, the tags gets escaped/rewritten ('<'
replaced with &lt; and '>' with &gt; and so on).

This is definitly what one wants in most cases but here I want to
retrive the string unchanged (for processing by a xslt script later in
the cocoon processor chain).

Is this possible?

(Using the "<![CDATA[ ... ]]>" construct around the said fields in the
database does not help, as the construct itself gets escaped...)

I'm using cocoon-1.8.2 with tomcat 3.2.1 (standalone) against a mysql
(v. 3.22.32) database using the mm.mysql (v. 2.0.2) library. The Java
version is the IBM Java 1.3 version for linux.

best regards,
kmm