cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <t...@spin.ch>
Subject Re: Cocoon configuration performance comparison?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:46:01 GMT
Thanks a lot to all who replied. Right now, the pages are served staticaly
and since we're not planing to do big changes in the near future, we will
not go breaking the runing system soon.

I think it would be worthwhile to mention somewhere (in the docs or the
FAQ) the aproximate minumum machine requirements for running Cocoon. Some of
you suggested that our machine (233MHz, 128 RAM) might be at the lower
limit of what's acceptable. I think it's nearly a custom among
Non-Windows people to use their old desktop boxes for low-traffic servers.
This is in sharp contrast with the high ressources that Java/Cocoon
apparently needs. That's why I think it'd be good to mention what performance
(roughly) people can expect, so they won't fall on their noses.

OK, I hope we'll get to set up Cocoon live on our site again and we'll
report back what we found.

Thanks a lot Robin, Berin, Paul and Michael!
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11