cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: util:include-uri authentication (+cookies & form data)
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:00:06 GMT
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Jesse Reynolds wrote:

> Mika (or anyone else) Did you get this working?
>
> As well as basic authentication, I also need util:include-uri (or
> something else) to send cookies and form data...

basic authentication you can possibly do by including the auth parameters
in the url:

http://username:password@example.com/protected/resource

otherwise you can mess around with the URL class methods for doing
authentication, it's not hard if i recall aright.

you can manipulate cookies for the current connection using cookie
logicsheet, though i think its design leaves something to be desired.
however, i don't know any way to attach cookies to the java.net http
client that's used by the util logicsheet. form data, that is to say
request parameters, you can tack onto the url:

http://username:password@example.com/protected/resource?foo=bar&bar=bat

via the get method. post method would be trickier, i'm not aware of
anything in the servlet or JDK API's to generate post requests - but using
a post here would be wrong anyway.

- donald