cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: getting XML fragment from taglib response in XSP?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:43:40 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Stephen Chang wrote:

> If I have an XSP page which calls a particular taglib,
> that returns an XML fragment, is the only way that I
> can access these resulting fragment nodes through my
> XSL stylesheet via some <xsl:template>? What if I'd
> like to extract a particular node value from that
> resulting XML fragment and perform some XSP logic on
> it? I can't do that in my XSL, so currently I am just
> passing this particular value via a URL parameter
> (through <xsl:element name="a">) to the next XSP page
> to process. There's got to be a cleaner way to perform
> XSP logic on a resultant XML fragment from a taglib
> response. Any ideas?

the "particular taglib" you mention must be designed in such a way to let
you choose the format of the xml fragment it results. see the esql
logicsheet for example - it lets you do anything you want in xsp with its
results, because instead of forcing results on you in a particular way, it
gives you methods to access its results in whatever fashion you like.

- donald