cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Displaying Pictures from a Database via ESQL
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:32:00 GMT
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Eduard Ralph wrote:

> I would like to store Pictures as a blob in a Database and display them
> using XSP+ESQL Taglib. I was wondering how to go about that and if somebody
> has pointer for me. Any help or tipp appreciated.

there's no compelling reason to do this using cocoon, imho. i'd suggest
you get or write an apache module that maps uris to blobs in your
database. i wrote a mod_blob_postgresql if you're interested - it doesn't
play well with mod_jserv tho, or else i'd have released it already.

however, i'm willing to be dissuaded if someone can give me a compelling
reason...

- donald