cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: [C2] util:include-uri
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:15:33 GMT
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Parrish Carl-sc4915 wrote:

> Okay maybe I'm missing something. And I'm not trying to imply that we don't
> need util:include (just the other day it saved my bacon). but since XSP is
> an XML document and since cocoon does support Xinclude do we still need
> <util:include>? And if so why?

because the xinclude implementations (in their current form) don't play
well with xsp. you could probably write an xinclude logicsheet without too
much trouble - at least one that's as conformant as the xinclude processor
for c1. i think the xinclude transformer for c2 implements an old version
of the xinclude spec.

it doesn't seem that xinclude is being widely adopted anyway. unless
something has changed, we're still the only implementation out there.

- donald