cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: XSP tag library problem C1.8
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:38:18 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Homecentricity wrote:

> I have been trying to build a simple example of an XML to XML to HTML
> transformation incorporating XSP tag libraries. The steps are as follows:
> business_default.xml --->XSLT (transform.xsl) --->temp generated XML
> file--->XSLT (transformtoHTML.xsl)
>
> I can not get the XSP tag libraries to work. I have, however, succeeded in
> getting XSP to work when I embed the java logic code (not tags). This is
> killing me to figure out. I need help...

your cocoon usage model is broken. you're doing an xslt process, then an
xsp process, then another xslt process. the first xslt process is
unnecessary and is breaking the xsp engine, which really needs to be the
first processor.

as far as i can tell, the first xslt stylesheet you're applying is
completely_gratuitous. you're going from this:

<Page>
  <PageTitle>My Business</PageTitle>
  <PageType>Index4</PageType>
</Page>

to this:

<Page>
  <PageTitle>My Business</PageTitle>
  <Date><hc:todaysDate format="EEEE MM dd, yyyy"/></Date>
</Page>

and then passing it off to the xsp engine. if you want to magically add
this Date element to all of your pages, do that using a common xsp
logicsheet.

- donald