cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Processor after XSP - impossible since 1.8.1?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:16:39 GMT
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> no! i vote -1, i say keep it like it is! i _like_ having the reactor kick
> the processing chain out of the system if something results in a redirect.
> i think this is a _far_ more common desire than what you want.

Assuming I understood Robin correctly: if you have no processor running
after XSP, then you're fine as it is. So why should cocoon fix a user
error (superflous processing instruction) at the expense of another user's
valid code?

> in your case, why don't you have the first processor send a signal to the
> second processor using a specially named element in the DOM - the signal
> being, send a redirect here when you're done.

I have no first processor, just XSP and then another one. I would have to
implement response.sendRedirect behavior in every processor I wish to use
after XSP - isn't that a bit kludgy?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring