cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Status of Cocoon-1.X and Cocoon-2.X
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:50:09 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Michael Bierenfeld wrote:

> Works fine "one" xsp - Stylesheet. Rest done just by performing proper
> DB-Design and XML-Content generation. I am willing to contribute this as
> a taglib if I would only have the time to do it. Damned ! Would take 4 -
> 6 Weeks to adapt it in general.

I guess everyone has such a personal solution, that's why I think we need
to standardize. Your code looks remarkably like my framework and I don't
think I sent it to you ;-)

So we have essentially duplicated our efforts, instead of collaborating on
one sensible thing to begin with. In my current project I already have
42KBytes of XSL Stylesheet code just for the frontend - and that is just a
small project I am doing alone. I was able to re-use 12KByte of XSL code
from two earlier projects, so 30 KByte have been written just for this
project and they can't be re-used in the next one. I think that sucks.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung