cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Umur Ozkul at Writeme" <u...@writeme.com>
Subject RE: Complex output using cocoon
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:31:18 GMT
In addition, you can use eXcelon Stylus to ease the conversion of HTML into
XSL. It saved my time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Russell [mailto:paulr@luminas.co.uk]On Behalf Of Paul Russell
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 4:16 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Complex output using cocoon

* R Naithani (rnaithani@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Hi Friends!
> Is there a solution equivalent to this one where I can use a visual
editing
> tool to create my .xsl and then put the PI's wherever I want manually?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Rahul.

At the moment, sadly not. I still mock up 'pretty' (read: complex) pages
in HTML first (although I must admit, being a masochist, I do it
manually with vim) and then use this HTML to write the stylesheet
itself. As far as I'm aware, there are no good tools for doing this
automatically yet. I've vaguely pondered writing one, but I can't
visualise how to make it user friendly without making it too limiting.
Anyone got any ideas?

Paul