cocoon-users mailing list archives

From eliza.khosr...@TMINUS10.com
Subject Help with esql results for 'insert' query
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:10:52 GMT
Hello,

I am using MS SQL database and the tables are set up in a way that the
primary keys get generated automatically when inserting entries.
Is it feasible to get the generated id after 'insert' query in esql?

Example:  I have a table called 'owners' with three columns: name, address,
owner_id where owner_id is the primary key.

After I insert as follows:
<eql:execute-query>
   <esql:query>insert into owners values('john smith')</esql:query>

would query return the generated id for the entry that I just inserted? If
so, what is the esql tags?  I don't seem to find it when looking at the
esql logicsheet.  Please note that querying based on 'name' or 'address'
will not help me because they are not necessarily unique, i.e. I could have
entries with same names or address.

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Eliza